You might have a bigger issue
Originally Posted by kmclarke
Thanks for the posts. I agree the best thing to do is to call the surveyor, and I have but have not heard back yet . Idon't know if the survey was insurance purposes or not. the seller has put quite a lot of $ into it, over 130,000. the orice seems close based on my reviews of similar type boats for the last 2 years. Buy the surveyors own comments the boat is well equipped and maintained , suitable for coastal and offshore voyaging. The surveyor is apparently a well respected and knowledgable individual.
Something is just doesn't seem right
What I'd sugges you find out DEFINITIVELY is whether this was an insurance survey or a condition and value/purchase survey - there is a BIG difference, the former being no where near as thorough and should not be depended upon when making a pruchase decision.