SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Open 60 - Vendee Globe

A visit to Bernard Stamms Open 60 Cheminées Poujoulat, the only one designed by Juan K. Some interesting features:

Regarding the Vendee Globe I had said that the veterans should take care with the kid, well:

On the 0800hrs UTC ranking on the first full day of racing the significant change at the head of the fleet is that François Gabart has nearly doubled his lead over the course of the morning, now over 10 miles ahead of Vincent Riou on PRB.

It seems that the right course would be one that catch the Portuguese trade winds (and I can tell you that it is windy here). They are all going for it

Vendée Globe 2012-2013 - Tracking

Regarding Mark and Safran, I was right. Something very serious was going on:

Marc Guillemot arrived in the port of Les Sables this morning (Sunday) at 0300hrs local time. His shore team immediately examined the boat and saw that the keel had broken off under the waterline.

A blow like that is bad for the moral of any guy. I wish him the best. Jesus those guys should already have solved that problem and made a stronger keel. Marc had finished the last Vendee Globe making thousands of miles with the boat without a keel (lost it offshore Brasil). Now making an entire Vendee Globe without a keel is too much even for Marc A great guy, a great sailor. I am really sad with this. He deserved better luck this time.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook