SailNet Community - View Single Post - Do liner boats get mold in between the liner and the hull?
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Do liner boats get mold in between the liner and the hull?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallboatlover View Post
how do you get rid of mold on a boat? Aslo how do you stop mold?
If you can see mold, you need to wash it off and dry completely. Chemicals like bleach and ammonia work (NEVER use together, the gas will literally kill you). Some say vinegar works, but you better air it out well. I use diluted vinegar to clean my eisenglass dodger and it stinks outside for hours, can't imagine down below. Tea tree oil is the latest environmental mold killer and I find the odor acceptable. You can buy it in a spray bottle.

Kanberra gel, placed in the cabin will keep mold from returning, but its expensive. I use it and started to get lazy and let it run out. Sure enough, boat odors began to return. I loaded right up again, particularly before I put her away for the winter. Its slightly less expensive to buy the refills and reuse the containers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook