SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interior painting time!
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough
Re: Interior painting time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgbrown View Post
Damnit, Everything I was coming across online said not to use mildew/mold resistant paints due to toxicity issues in a small enclosed space like a boat. Especially since I live aboard.

The ones referenced are designed for indoor living spaces - their supposed toxicity is not a concern.

Quote:
I am still a bit worried about the toughness of the acrylic surface vs the enamel, but considering the poor adhesion of the previous enamel I guess it doesn't matter.
They are plenty tough - mine stayed in good shape for nine years until I sold the boat.

Quote:
Should I get a mildewcide additive, I had planned to avoid it based on what I'd read, but not spending so much time cleaning would be a big plus!
No - the bath & kitchen paint has enough - you COULD create a toxicity problem by mixing your own.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook