Thread: Garbage Island
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012
Swab

vega1860 is on a distinguished road
Re: Garbage Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd22 View Post
Your route from HI to AK would have taken you directly through the tsunami debris field so I don't think it would be realistic to not expect to see a lot of trash.
Who said we didn't expect it? In fact, we were specifically requested to observe and record any debris that could be identified as coming from the tsunami by University of Hawaii researchers who gave us a computer projection of where they expected it to be.

But perhaps you missed the part where I said:
Quote:
We saw a disturbing amount of trash in mid Pacific in 1999 when we sailed from Vancouver to Hawaii in the Endeavour Replica, more in 2007 when we took Lealea from Hawaii to Washington.
I never imagined this thread would be in any way controversial,especially among sailors, and yet....

"This parrot is dead."

"No it's not. It's just sleeping."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook