SailNet Community - View Single Post - Running a portable generator at an angle of heel
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012

JonEisberg will become famous soon enough
Re: Running a portable generator at an angle of heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail
Honda 1000 8 amp per hour
Honda 2000 13.3 amp per hour

Electramax alternator 80 amo. 60 amps per hour

Aren't those a little misleading, as one is at 12v and the other at 110v?

Amps x volts = watts
I don't know, those all sound like 12V numbers, to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
honda 2000, but it wont run at an angle--while sailing, why do ye need a generator to run>?????

i was very disappointed in th 1000, so i traded it when i first bought it , for a 2000, and i still have that 2000, now, 10 yrs later. it still runs and still charges and is still quiet.....
Funny, how the only people who seem to think these things are "quiet", or "virtually silent", are those that use them? Definitely, a 'not minding the smell of one's own farts' sort of deal, seems to me... (grin)

I passed thru the Great Bridge Lock last night, arriving at Atlantic Yacht Basin just before midnight... At the free dock before the GB Bridge, there was a catamaran with what appeared to be a Honda 2000 running on deck... Despite the ambient road traffic noise, and the sound of my own engine, I first heard that thing from a considerable distance off...

Despite all the plentiful breeze and solar available, I've become resigned to the fact that these things have infested the Bahamas... They're simply just another reason for my preference to get off the beaten track... But when I see them being run in places like Northeast Harbor on Mt. Desert, or Lake Sylvia in Lauderdale, I really have to wonder at the lack of consideration on display...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook