SailNet Community - View Single Post - Great Bay, NJ and the Great Bay Marina
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012
Asleep at the wheel

jimgo is on a distinguished road
Re: Great Bay, NJ and the Great Bay Marina

Dave,
Thanks again for the reply. You've encouraged me to do a little more digging. I scouted out Great Bay marina a few months ago and it seemed fine (nothing special, but the rates are good and it's close to the bay), but it's really out in the middle of no-where. Not much in the way of food or anything nearby (except the marina's restaurant); even the closest WaWa is a few miles away. So I started looking at other nearby areas, and Tuckerton has several marinas that seem to be open to sailboats (given the number of them that I can see in slips on Google Maps). Sheltered Cove (http://www.shelteredcovemarina.com/) is especially interesting. No real current, small tidal swing, and "deep water." Plus, the marina is no farther from me than Great Bay Marina, and there are a few restaurants nearby. There are a few other marinas a little farther up the Tuckerton Creek, too, that look interesting. The ride is longer to the bay from those, though.

Hmmm...more to ponder. Thanks again for the reply!
1975 Albacore 15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by jimgo; 11-11-2012 at 11:12 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook