SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012

Marsvinet is on a distinguished road
Re: Classic looking boats

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Yes, that would not be a problem. There are several ones, however the price can be a problem

I am not saying that the price is not fair but obviously a boat that is made in a small series and that has to look very good will always be an expensive one, if compared with the main market of produced boats. Are you interested in having one, in that case in what size, or just like them?

Regards

Paulo
Hi Paulo,

One of the things that have dawned on me during these posts with you, is that "hand made in Italy" never goes hand in hand with "affordable" So, reality will probably dictate me to give up on this particular boat.
When it comes to the truly beautiful modern classics like Spirit, i find them to much of a fetish and not "real boats" in the sense that it needs endless work to keep up appearances, and you will allways be afraid of damaging it.

The Calypso, i find interesting because it brings light displacement together with a roomy 2 cabin interior in a single handed friendly 36 feet. The end result is doomed to look a bit tubby but i am not the type to give away practicality for looks.

In the real world where i will have to buy the boat and do my own maintenance, "classic looks" will be the first to give, so right now, i look forward to more news on the Sydney 37 GTS
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook