SailNet Community - View Single Post - My Escape Plan - Insights Wanted
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012

ChristinaM is on a distinguished road
Re: My Escape Plan - Insights Wanted

The purchase budget on a Moody 376 seems tight. I tried to get one that I felt would cost $100k after purchase and basic refit (not including all the outfitting I felt I needed) but it wasn't going to happen. There aren't that many on this side of the pond and while they aren't well known over here, people still want a higher price for them. If you're considering looking at the ones on the east coast, I've seen them and would be happy to give you my impressions and experiences. There was one that sold for around 60k that I didn't get to see so it might be possible.

Glad someone else appreciates them too. If you're willing to go a little older, I did find a few Westerlys with similar layouts that were a little older and a little cheaper. None were close enough to see although I did check out a late 90s Oceanquest.

I haven't left yet, so I can't comment on cruising budget. It'll be a few years before we pull our cash together and head off. I would recommend The Voyagers Handbook for a thorough discussion of what you'll need to do and know.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook