View Single Post
post #33 of Old 11-12-2012
Fstbttms
I don't discuss my member

Location: Under a boat, in a marina, in the San Francisco Bay

Re: Cleaning Hull in the water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
Can't find the 1020 available anywhere. The 1207 is close to a grand, which probably defeats the purpose of building my own.

To have value for me, the hookah needs to be usable away from the dock. I can not dive in the marina.

I could run the genset to power these, but I would have to be that much more careful with exhaust. It should not be a big problem if clocked downwind on the hook or mooring.

Any 12v thoughts?
The 1020 is only available new through a pretty limited dealer network. You'd have to contact Thomas to find the one closest to you. Plus, it retails at over $600, so that may be more than you were looking to spend as well. That being said, I haven't bought a new unit of either flavor new for years. craigslist and eBay are your friends. I bought a used, clean and working 1207 on craigslist a couple of months ago for about $80, including shipping.

A 12-volt hookah may serve your needs. They tend to be lightly built and have a comparatively short runtime, so are generally not suitable for use in the hull cleaning business. I have never used one, so can't really offer an informed opinion about any particular model.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome