View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012
I don't discuss my member

Location: Under a boat, in a marina, in the San Francisco Bay
Fstbttms will become famous soon enough
Re: Cleaning Hull in the water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
Can't find the 1020 available anywhere. The 1207 is close to a grand, which probably defeats the purpose of building my own.

To have value for me, the hookah needs to be usable away from the dock. I can not dive in the marina.

I could run the genset to power these, but I would have to be that much more careful with exhaust. It should not be a big problem if clocked downwind on the hook or mooring.

Any 12v thoughts?
The 1020 is only available new through a pretty limited dealer network. You'd have to contact Thomas to find the one closest to you. Plus, it retails at over $600, so that may be more than you were looking to spend as well. That being said, I haven't bought a new unit of either flavor new for years. craigslist and eBay are your friends. I bought a used, clean and working 1207 on craigslist a couple of months ago for about $80, including shipping.

A 12-volt hookah may serve your needs. They tend to be lightly built and have a comparatively short runtime, so are generally not suitable for use in the hull cleaning business. I have never used one, so can't really offer an informed opinion about any particular model.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook