SailNet Community - View Single Post - Chesapeake Bay Eats
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012

kb3pwc is on a distinguished road
Re: Chesapeake Bay Eats

It was fun to return to Schaffer's as it had been years since we have awaited for their new owners to fix it up and have some opening. The waitress advised they have yet to hold their Grand Re-Opening so I hardly know what that means....they are open with a more casual feeling facility. My memory is of white table clothes and very nice staid dinners with my Father, watching the vessels tie up and get away with all that current. Always interesting.

It seems to have a nice selection of items on the menu and a very open feel to the large timber arch that separates the dining area and the bar. All windows give you that nice view plus you can see the vessels anchored out in the small basin across the way.

We had sandwiches that were good but not inexpensive. I had a corn beef special. Good with little fat but not as spicy as I would like. Clayton had a caprese panni sandwich. Mine was enough to save half and enjoy for lunch the next day. It should be noted that they had a menu that looked very good for Thanksgiving. For all those who don't want to prepare a large meal, this could be just what one needs before the frenzy that many enjoy as "Black Friday".

It was good to see you Dave and Donna. You looked like you had an anchorage in mind. We got down to the boat late as there were things to get done at home. We were able to travel over to the Corsica for a lovely evening, I fixed a short rib beef burgundy in the pressure cooker with a salad and we were lulled to sleep by the geese talking through the night. What a lovely weekend.

Enjoy these warm days. There will not be many left, me thinks.

cheers,

Leslie

s/v Tango, CR 34
Lankford Bay Marina
Chester River, MD
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook