SailNet Community - View Single Post - My Escape Plan - Insights Wanted
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: My Escape Plan - Insights Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.aaron View Post
CD, I'll keep an eye out for you. I'll buy the first couple of round's. I'm thinking Dante's, pool w/ waterfall for the kids and umbrella tables with service for the big kid's and close to the dingy dock.
Insurance, it's true I got away with it for over 20 years, but will probably buy some sort of minimal package this year (reluctantly) as I know insurance company's generally find a loop hole to not pay anyway's. At 41 and 3/4's I am now becoming a more responsable citizen ( reluctantly). as a singlehandling dude, who finds comfort in dim light, soft jazz music a good book and a bottle of rum, and as long as the rain is only falling on my feet and not dripping on my head, I am as cozy as can be. the amount of electricity I don't use would astound most cruisers. The freedom I have due to the lack of need's has been the foundation of my ability to live the life for so long. This bare bones type of adventure cruising is not for every body. I feel guilty, like I'm betraying myself when I get on the cumfy gadget yacht's that I deliver, that's just me. I think Eric the Red, (ETR) will find a nice balance and seem's to have all the right finances, training, and attitude to be quite successful as a liveaboard cruiser. best of luck to you man.
Cant wait to meet you. There are actually several cruisers I look forward to meeting. Do love St Pete though. Ever been here? Wow... I was wrong to miss it for so many years. Great, great people, lots to do, most everything is bikeable, reasonable costs, etc.

We are in te Tortugas Nov 26-1st week of December. If youa re free and open for a sail, look for Sea Mist IV. You come, I buy the first round! Well go snorkel the windjammer together.

BTW, your attitude is exactly what I love. Does it all work for me? No. So what!?? It works for you and that is all that matters. It is also great for other cruisers or would-be cruisers to hear it. Some will be more like you, some more like me, and some off what I consider the deep end (lots of money and never leave the docks). I see them all. You do too.

Take care CA! Look forward to meeting you.

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook