SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012

MarkofSeaLife is on a distinguished road
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post

Are you willing to state that the Captain of the Rulke 62 and his actions led to their deaths. He in charge made a decision which ultimately cost the life of people, therefore he was ultimately responsible, correct?

Dave
You are weird. You won't make a strong opinion yourself as to what YOU would do, but you deride others who will. Then you directly ask someone to do something you will not do yourself.

So you may feel you scare people into your opinion but you don't scare me.

Rule 62s captain caused the death of one person but not taking the prudent measure of continuing on for 30nms to flat water, behind the Abacos, instead risking a narrow, shallow cut in a rage. Whether it was sea sickness, everyone on board was sick, or the pestering of other crew who were sick he did the wrong thing and killed someone.

I go back to a previous statement that you felt you needed to deride. Don't play in Northers or rages, hurricanes, wind against current, Cape a hatteras or the Gulf Stream

I will keep saying it till its driven through the skulls of all cruisers.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook