View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012
KNOT KNOWN

Capt.aaron is on a distinguished road
Re: My Escape Plan - Insights Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklesR View Post
I (we) hear you Brian.

It's because of those health issues that we need the next 2.5 years, autopilots, windlasses and lots of power for the lux's in life. Not to mention padding the baby feline (kitty).

Aaron, you have my respect for minimalist sailing, but it's not for us.
Thank's and yes of course, I got my boat from my Grand parents who upgraded to a center cockpit something or other. I plan to spend my later years aboard a 50 foot Cat with four bedrooms and four heads and a bar with and out door shower and a hard bottom zodiac, two deisels and some rugrat's running around deck. I'm still bare bonesing it but as my career in the Merchant Marines is moving along and my finances along with it I forsee some wonderfull comfort cruising on the horizon. Glad as @#!*% I spent the first 20 years of adult hood cruising like I did and looking forwrad to the next 30 doing like I will. I just want the OP to realize how little he needs and not be detuored by the ominous, over whelming and daunting expedition he's about to embark. He's going to have person after person saying "well you need this and can't go with out that and what about this.... and finances and reserves and portfolio's and this % of this %......" It really is as simple as catching a breeze on the right boat and sailing south. Buy some tomatos at the market when you get there and sautee them up with the capers and canned chiken breast you bought in Bulk last month a BJ'S. For some 200,000 bucks is almost broke and for some it's stinking rich.