SailNet Community - View Single Post - My Escape Plan - Insights Wanted
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: My Escape Plan - Insights Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelleyG View Post
My boyfriend and I are getting ready to leave for our new Caribbean life as well. We leave just after New Years from Florida. We plan to take an extremely frugal approach and hope we can stick to a 1200 - 1400 a month budget. We have a 1974 34' Seafarer that we've spent the year "outfitting." We didn't spend anywhere near 70K so we needed to make a few updates to her before she'd be ready for the trip. Thank you all for sharing your experiences. They make me more confident that we can actually do this (budget wise) if we are determined enough.

Kelley
Sailing Chance
Hey Kelley,

Go for it. It will be great. Are you waiting until January to leave NY? I have not done that, but seems it will be a cold and bumpy ride.

Look forward to seeing you guys down here.

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook