SailNet Community - View Single Post - My Escape Plan - Insights Wanted
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: My Escape Plan - Insights Wanted

No right or wrong. We could probably give it all up and make do from here out. However, our kids would pay too. We are fortunate enough to fund their (very expensive) educations and other things they can't do for themselves yet. If we keep going (and make it), we will have a very comfortable retirement. I get the thought of potentially dropping dead and missing out. That's a risk for sure.

However, we spend as much time aboard for 7 months as humanly possible and will try to get a week or two in the Caribbean this winter. This only works because we are working. In the end, we spend probably 90 days aboard each year, while working. Its pretty close.

If the plan works, we'll retire at 60 and spend 6 straight months aboard each year and 6 ashore doing day sails. If our health holds out, that should be good for the rest of our lives, or until we're physically unable to sail.

For me, I'm still shooting for that, rather than blow it all now. Just me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook