SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cleaning Hull in the water
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough
Re: Cleaning Hull in the water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstbttms View Post
All true and I'm not talking about everyone with a boat indiscriminately pouring bleach by the gallon into the water on a regular basis.

I'm suggesting a sense of proportion be applied instead of the absolutism being displayed here. Bottom paint is a lot more toxic than bleach yet the local marina, which is a hurricane hole with very minimal tidal washing, holds nearly 1000 boats and it is full of marine life - everything from schools of fish to swans to blue herons to seals & otters - they appear to be doing just fine.

Obviously we don't want everyone using Brent's tarp method as an alternative to normal bottom maintenance but the small amount of bleach introduced by the average boater is harmless to the environment.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook