SailNet Community - View Single Post - My Escape Plan - Insights Wanted
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012

MarkofSeaLife is on a distinguished road
Re: My Escape Plan - Insights Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric-the-red View Post

Would still like to hear what costs are involved in mooring to buoys, anchoring and docking in the carribbean? .
You never need to pay to anchor in the Caribbean. Mooring balls at about $20 per night. But you would never use them if you are on a budget.
marinas the same, I have never been in a marina, but once or twice, in the Caribbean.

Some places in the Caribbean are really quite cheap. Grenada, for example is $10 per month, free anchorage, $1 bus to town. You could stay for 6 months on your visa (?) and just wait till your investemnts catch up.

Even in the expensive places like the BVIs anchorages are there, and free.

If you restrict yourself to South America, Mexico, Caribbean up to the Bahamas its all quite affordable if you need it to be.
But you need to exclude the USA, and thoughts of the Pacific, Europe, Africa etc till your finances and boat work itself out over a few years.

The first year is the most expensive.
But after 4 years I still have difficulties... but I can now afford other people to do important work: the engine, etc. even bottom painting.

And I can afford to go get drunk and eat out! YIPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook