SailNet Community - View Single Post - The ICW - Single Handed - Well, Almost!
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough
Re: The ICW - Single Handed - Well, Almost!

Today is my second in Stuart at the upper end of Manatee Pocket at A&J Marine, where a very nice young man repacked my packing gland. He accomplished the task in less than an hour - HE knew what he was doing.

Tomorrow, a new water pump will be installed by the same person, which solves most of my problems. The only remaining problem is the cutlass bearing, which Mario graciously dove under the boat and checked out for me yesterday. He has a wet suit and could tolerate the chilly water temperatures much better than this old man.

Tonight, I'll be performing music with an old friend at a private party, which should be lots of fun, then first thing tomorrow I'll try to line up someone to take care of the cutlass bearing.

Today's temperature was 81 - Ahhhhh, much better. I'm back to wearing shorts and short sleeved shirts. I love it.

By the end of the week, hopefully, I'll be headed for Miami, and with any kind of luck should get there in 4 to 5 days. Then it's just another 100 miles to Marathon.

Oh Yeah!

Gary
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook