SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2012 Sailing Season
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012

swampcreek is on a distinguished road
Re: 2012 Sailing Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Swamp,

I might of missed it. What were the results of going up the mast to fix the jib halyard?

Dave
Hi Chef,
All is fixed! The halyard that was put on by the PO was 1/2" vs. the original 3/8" so it appears that they decided to run the halyard out one of the larger top sheaves instead of the lower smaller sheave, the line then ran down the mast to a fair-lead and then out to the top drum, all this change in direction was binding the line. zz4gta offered to come look at it, he came early Saturday morning, climbed the mast, fixed the problem and my Wife and I were able to spend a nice weekend sailing! I was very impressed with
zz4gta and have his information on record for future use.

We're in the process of winterizing now, this is more painful than closing the pool. We're eventually going to have to move south...and here is the plan...Around this time of year, get on boat, put stick of butter on galley table, head out of Rock Creek, turn right, at 7ft. Knoll make another right, placing the big "S" in front of the compass continue until that stick of butter melts! This would happen probably in about 12 years and yes we're serious.
1981 Hobie H16
19?? Sol Cat
19?? Penquin
Many, many power boats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Life should be an adventure, not a guided tour!
Not all of us in the herd are sheep.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook