SailNet Community - View Single Post - Shrink Wrap recommendations & rates
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Re: Shrink Wrap recommendations & rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Superior Sailor View Post
Your job is maybe the best I have seen Main Sail But I have seen the other end of it too!
The damage that people cause with Shrink Wrap : Rot, Mildew, Paint lifting,and more. Better off with a canvas Trap or cover. The key as you know is venting and with plastic it's Hard to do right! Canvas is a lot more forgiving...Dale

I have been bugging Fairclough for nearly four years to build me a custom canvas cover that goes only to the toe rail. They won't do it.

NOTHING touches my paint not even canvas... For now shrink wrap is the best for our boat. I have never, ever had rot, moisture or mildew issues but the key is to install it correctly.. I have a gap of about 1.5" all around my toe rail, purposely left open, and the entire stern is left open with my vestibule design. Boat stays dry, no snow and no mildew....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook