Re: Kubota rattle
Thanks for the advise!
As klem suggested, I probed around with a screwdriver to pinpoint the noise. It seems most load in the upper cylinder area.
I now believe the rattle is actually DIESEL KNOCK. Maybe caused by a faulty or out of adjustment injector.
* Checked fuel pressure at the inlet to the injector pump 7 psi constant
* Cleaned the fuel delivery valve at the injection pump
* checked all belts for binding or slap
* removed air filter- same result
* tested the fuel spray pattern- looks very good
Now it just seems we have to wait for a new injector or a place that can rebuild the old one. Nobody can test it locally.