SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

RC,

I resepct your advice and dont see it as an attack.

Understand in this particular thread I know I have acted over-agressively. I understand I have in this thread and feel justified due to the nature of the posts which were also directed at me of a personal nature as well as defending a friend ( the Captain). We all react differently and have different tipping points on different subjects.

In this thread, most of the posters IMHO were respectful and even when accusing the Captain of his obvious responsibility did it in a measured fair way. He deserved to be hammered for the actions he took. His aggregious error cost another their life and also his own. He paid the ultimate price for his actions. IMHO I also beleive there are other responsible parties, but that wont be apparent until the investigation ends. What he didnt deserve are out of context remarks, innuendos, and half truths.

Some went about it like rabid dogs throwing out innuendos, half truths, unsupported musings and purposly disparaging a dead mans reputation without thought. It was these which I "fought fire with fire" so to speak. Thats the only language they understand. They dont get "political correctness".

Just the way it is my friend. I will always defend my friends. I dont apoligize for that loyalty. My friends deserve that. So now all know Robin Walbridge was more than some news story or internet figure to me.

I will remain my normal loving self (sic) on other threads ( sans off topic)

As a side...I really dont get "angry" about stuff on the internet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook