SailNet Community - View Single Post - Alpenglow Lights
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012

MarcHall is on a distinguished road
Alpenglow Lights

If my memory is correct I purchased the first Alpenglow lights for Crazy Fish at the Long Beach Boat Show in 1989 where Crazy Fish sat of the show floor prior to being launched.

Over the years I replaced all of the overhead lights with Alpenglow Compact Flourescent Lights (CFL). I have been pretty happy with them although on occasion the bulbs needed to be replaced and I always wished for a bit more light out of them - but low power draw and very little interference with the HAM radio.

Recently Alpenglow has begun producing the overhead lights with LEDs, so I purchased one, liked it and then saw that Alpenglow would upgrade my existing CFL lights to LED. A couple of the existing ones had the red LED option and this time around I decided to upgrade all of the them with the red LED option. So in two shipments they all were mailed off to Alpenglow and upgraded.

They are all now installed on the boat and I am quite happy with them. Energy use is as stated. The color temperature of the LEDs is great, the low power setting works great of general use and the high power setting puts more light then the old CFLs at high power which is great when doing work on the boat at night.

I am happy to have LED overhead lights of the same exact form factor as my old lights using all of the same holes thru the headliner and that Alpenglow provided an upgrade path for my existing lights.

Highly recommended.

Marc Hall
Crazy Fish, Crealock 37, Hull 207
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook