SailNet Community - View Single Post - Do you Sail and Sailnet?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Do you Sail and Sailnet?

Quote:
Absolutely not. I would prefer to follow this pattern:
1. Sail as much as possible, commensurate with my work and family obligations.
2. Resort to sailnet in an attempt to gain knowledge and re-experience sailing.
3. Become frustrated with idiotic posts, trolls, and sock puppets on sailnet.
4. Lash out at said idiotic posts, trolls, and sock puppets on sailnet.
5. Regret my maliciousness, delete posts, and take temporary break from sailnet.
6. Return to sailnet for more knowledge, preposterously vowing to be gentler and kinder.
7. Repeat ad nauseum. - James Wilson
Total agreement with James here....Sailing is one pf my prioities and it does ranl abopve my internet posts, Family first though, work second, friends third, then sailing and our yacht club. These are REAL. I also then repeat steps 5 and 6.

I have met n person quite a number of SN posters so there is a lot of positives of the internet experience also. I havent met anyone in person on here I wouldnt have a beer or dinner with again. Some have become part of our mix of sailing commrades we get together with on the wate at various times. Some we have met during our cruise from the Chessie to NE and the LI Sound every summer.

This year my wife and I ( without counting a few deliveries I have done) have traveled approx 1300 miles on vacation cruise and 2000 miles in our normal weekend and extended weekend sailing ( we avaerage about 60-70 every weekend. We use our boat from the Ides of March till Dec 15. Our days usage is clos to 90 per year.

With that we have internet capability and sometimes a half hour on Sailnet happens, However like most others my posts dramaticall y decrease on weekends and they are mostly about where we are going or have been that weekend.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook