SailNet Community - View Single Post - Aloa 34 (1974) available for "salvage"
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012

AndreasNYC is on a distinguished road
Aloa 34 (1974) available for "salvage"

Hello Everyone

My beloved Aloa 34 was was at Liberty Landing Marina during the storm.

She floated off the stands and lay on her side along with many other boats.

There is damage to the Stanchions and the Pulpit, and some scratches to the hull.

Finally the boat lay in the water for a while and the engine got wet.
The engine does not appear to have any rust on it, and it was winterized before it got wet. He made no effort to start the engine or anything else.

On that basis the adjuster called it a Total Write off.

They are giving me the option of taking the full value of the insurance which is about 18000. Or I can keep the boat and not get the salvage value which is about 10% of the insured value.
So I have the option of taking the full value or selling it for the salvage value. I have yet to receive the exact numbers on this.

I honestly do not know if the engine will run.
The boat was a lovely boat, and I would be tempted to repower her myself if I was not already planning on selling her and getting something larger.

I would love to see the boat go to someone who might want to fix her up himself. In which case it might be a good deal.

The Boat is on stands at liberty landing Marina.
If you want to go have a look at her PM me.
I also have a lot of pictures of the boat and the damage which I can e-mail to any interested parties.

I am obviously not making any representations about the condition of the boat. If anyone is interested in it the price will be around $2000. (or whatever the salvage value is).

I loved this boat a lot and would like to see it go to a good home rather than a landfill.

thanks for reading

Andreas
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook