SailNet Community - View Single Post - My Escape Plan - Insights Wanted
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: My Escape Plan - Insights Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric-the-red View Post
I'm not quite sure what your point is? My financial advisor is saying 5-6% returns and your 10 year returns are 5.5%. Oops. Now I see. You were replying to someone else and supporting my advisor's assumptions. Thanks.
I have no intention of harping on you. Just be wary than the financial advisory business is loaded with unscrupulous salesman. Be particularly cautious if they are talking you into a life annuity product. They make TONS of money on them and the contracts can be so complicated that your initial returns can evaporate.

If he/she is saying you can buy a current bond yield over 5%, it's has to have a catch. I am sure that the referenced 401k returns were not from currently purchased bonds. Apples and Oranges.

Think of it this way. If you get screwed, your cruising plan is going to be over. Be very very careful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook