SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Contest/Game - Identify this picture

639K views 5K replies 130 participants last post by  obelisk 
#1 ·
It has been a while since I've seen a thread like this - the rules are simple: attempt to identify the location of the last posted picture in the thread. Once the picture poster confirms the first correct responder that person then gets to add a (sailing-related) picture to the thread and the game continues.

Since I'm no good at this type of guesswork my only chance of getting a picture into the thread is by starting it off with the following picture:

(click on picture to expand)​

See less See more
#352 ·
I'm thinking Atlantic (including English Channel and Biscay Bay). Looks too cold and grey to be Med. Atchitecture not all that disimilar to the channel island you posted earlier in the thread.

How am I doing Paulo ?

#364 · (Edited)
Not that much, It is on the UK on the British Channel, It is not an Island it is a very touristic place, not big but famous, where all the houses are old and the number of Pubs is incredibly high. The architecture is typical of the zone, so you can narrow it to a very small stretch of coast and besides it has a funny name that does not sound like English, a name that seems to have come from a Popey movie:D

You guys can ask some relevant questions to narrow it down and I will answer quickly;)

Regards

Paulo

#368 · (Edited)
No, but it is in Cornwall. Padstow is not on the Channel, try on the other shore of Cornwall.

The place is a natural harbor that was improved with a closed wall with an heavy iron gate that its closed at high tide maintaining the boats afloat when outside the big channel tides takes the waters away. That wall and the interior port is a well defined characteristic that you will see on the map or googlearth.

For many years their main business was smuggling:D

#375 ·
OK.. with Paulo's forgiveness we'll go ahead... Far too dreary and cold so lets go somewhere a little warmer..

Almost there:

.. and roaming the streets:

#378 ·
....and I was just about to post a hint.. Yes, Nevis. One of our favourite Caribbean stops, after Bequia and Barbuda...

One of the US founding fathers, Hamilton was born here. We found Nevis very laid back, unlike St Kitts, esp with cruise ships in harbour...

That was quick, well done.

Hthoni.. go...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.