SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012

hannah2 is on a distinguished road
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Hi all,

New member here and I just want to thank everyone who has posted on this thread,"interesting sailboats."

I've read most of this thread over the months it has been on the site and enjoyed the conversation of where the direction of our modern cruising sailboats are headed for now and in the future. It is good to have this discussion especially for us here in the United States as it seems to me we have a tremendous void to fill. But in reading this thread I see an awakening of cruisers and of designers of things hopefully to come. I personally feel that we Americans on the most part are stuck in our cruising glory days of the late 60's, the 70's and 80's. There are many great boats of this period and I have owned some like the Mason 44. But if we are going to have good used boats in the future for our kids and grand kids to sail we must move forward with new designs now.

My wife and I are lucky enough to have one of these new designs being built, "Boreal44." We look forward to the changes that have come about over the years and sailing/learning will be wonderful experience. We also know that every cruising boat is a compromise even with all the new modern designs there will be compromise.

Thank you again for the interesting sailboats thread, wonderful reading that shows the many directions the industry is headed and hopefully a strong market once cruisers understand the concepts of modern cruising boats and how they have originated.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook