SailNet Community - View Single Post - The Cruising Community
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: The Cruising Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingNwing View Post
What you describe is one of the reasons we encourage new liveaboards to stay in a marina for a while, just to get the community that's lacking if (for example) you are living tied to a friends dock in a waterfront house - just not the same.

Visited St Pete (by land) for 3 days a few years ago when I was there for a meeting and always thought it would be fun to come back by boat for a season.
It is one of the best communities I have been to yet. Let's see: Met a fellow and his girl friend at the pool. He was on his second circumnavigation on his Bristol Channel Cutter. Met another doctor fellow two weeks back or so that had already finished one circum. Funny thing was, i have a pic of him in the TOrtugas when we had a big cruisers pot luck about four years ago. Never knew it until he left. THe fellow off my bow is now in the Atlantic delivering across from Spain to VI. Had dinner last night with a couple who have been everywhere, from Pacific to Atlantic and Panama canal, galapagos, etc. Great couple. Folks across my bow sailed over from Texas not long after us. Good friends. THe fellow off my port spent his years with his kids cruising the carrib from Ecuador to Brazil and all the west and eastern carrib. He raised his kids on his boat as a single dad. Funny thing is Knothead knows him too (a small world). Met Knothead the other day, btw. Super fellow. The couple we hang out with a lot spent a whole lot of his time delivering from carrib to US. However... there are also folks here that are brand new to sailing. THey are just as apt to join in and be a part of the family. I could list them, but there are too many.

Point is that there are all kinds here and it's a tight niche group. We all get along and have fun together. We all have a similar interest and are happy to share. It's a good place, St Pete. I can't wait to see what Annapolis is like and meet a whole other group. I'm curious how diverse they will be? Probably similar I suspect.

Take care J.

Brian

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook