SailNet Community - View Single Post - Anyone know anything about Precision Sail Loft?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012

Geoff54 is on a distinguished road
Re: Anyone know anything about Precision Sail Loft?

Never heard of them but inexpensive sails , of course I took a look.

The site is quite new (domain name was registered in July this year) but they have certainly figured out how to inundate google search with their own site… nothing much else shows up. Also the domain was registered through a proxy, so they don’t want you to know who they are – that makes me suspicious. They only registered the domain for one year which makes me think they might be testing the waters.

They don’t list an address or location just a phone number and email link and one of the “About US” links returned
Quote:
Company Name
Company Slogan

History of company, mission statement, etc.
Looks like a placeholder that they missed.

They have one review on the site that looks just too good to be true:
Quote:
Incredible Value Even Better Service November 3, 2012
Reviewer: Henry Mcloud from Ontario, Canada
I can't believe my sail was under $1,000! I can't believe after one phone call it was ordered and I could get on with the rest of my day. My sail has already been been shipped and i'm still waiting to hear back from other sail companies. Your service is unlike anything I have experienced before in the sail industry.

Thanks, i'm going to tell everyone about Precision Sail Loft.
Henry Mcloud
And, although they haven’t been around long they claim
Quote:
Our team is some of the most experienced sail makers in the business. We have made it our mission to provide quality and performance sails at a price that is affordable, without jeopardizing the materials that create your sails.
I stand ready to be corrected but I think we have a small marketing company, who want to look like a big loft, taking orders and then getting sails made by one of the off shore setups.

Just my opinion and observations. I could be completely wrong but I would approach with caution.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook