SailNet Community - View Single Post - The Cruising Community
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012
Old as Dirt!

svHyLyte is on a distinguished road
Re: The Cruising Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkofSeaLife View Post
Had 3 months in New York City. Wonderful!

I am actually in Florida right now. I'm about to go to the tourist office and complain and get my tourism dollars back: it's COLD here! And wet! And windy!

I'm in St Augustine working on a engine problem, waiting for a part. Then heading south to Key West for Christmas.

I did ask some locals on the East coast of Florida about the west coast of Florida and they said: Where?

Bahamas feb to may, then cross the Atlantic again to go back to the Med for the season

So it's all nice and rolling along.

I dunno if I will get to the west coast of F. I might if I get kicked out of Key West... But would have to drink a lot to get kicked out of there!!!

What about you? Doing a cruise this year? come down to the Keys!

Mark
It's good to hear from you. I am sure it's very cold in St. Augustine. (We won't go north of 28º N from about 1 November to 1 April. Our blood's gotten too thin!) Key West will be a great improvement but you'll be surprised at how cold it can get, even there, in January. Endurable however. Our cruising plans are kind of up in the air this season but we may try to make a run down to the Keys if we can get a few daze and a weather window between fronts. It takes use about 30 hours to make Key West with any decent wind. We'll let you know, if so. (Or we may just drive down.) In any case, be sure to get together with Brian while you're there. He's not a bad sort and you'll like his boys.

How did the trip north from Cumana go? I kind of expected you to shoot up to the Caymans and zoom around the west end of Cuba and show up at our marina (we kept a couple of cold and frosties for you just in case). Did you beat all the way back to the windwards? (Damn fool if so, you know you're taking you life in your hands with those darned Bendy Toes.) Were the Natives civil in New York et al? (Sometimes folks north of the Chesapeake can get pretty crusty.)

N'any case, we're happy to know you're well and healthy and that Sea Life is hanging in for you. (Hopefully all's well with Nic too, where ever, eh?)

Cheers!

/s/ Scott
"It is not so much for its beauty that the sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook