SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Sapwraia, I understand what you say about older Halberg-Rassy but simply today Rassy are much better sailing boats. Not sure a X yacht has less value as used than a HR. Regarding design I have already said I think the XC42 is a better design that the HR 412, that is also a good sailing boat:

a recent video from a boat test on Yacht magazine:

MOVIE:

http://tv.yacht.de/video/Sch%25C3%25...ac1eb214ca2be9

I agree that today it is possible to have great prices in boats with few years but an used boat is not a new boat and really it is all about money: New ones are better than old ones; there is nothing like owning a brand new boat; used boats are a better deal and offer more value for the money.

I agree that the Sweeden Yacht 42 is a very good boat, a beauty and has an impeccable finish...but it was still more expensive that the HR I still love that boat

Here one of their last boats before going bankrupt, the 54:

Beautiful boats but I guess too expensive even for luxury boats.

hannah2, I agree that today's boats are more geared towards enjoying life and sail than to voyaging and that's simply because there are not many sailors that use them to do long range voyaging and what is adequate for that is not the best recipe to have a boat to enjoy sailing or to live at the marina or at anchor in a nice warm place.

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 11-15-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook