SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailcare running up the tab?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012

bigdogandy is on a distinguished road
Re: Sailcare running up the tab?

I had the sails on my boat cleaned and repaired at Sailcare a few months ago and I had a great experience all around....the repair work they did was good quality and about the same cost as a quote I had gotten from a local loft, and the cleaned and resined sails perform incredibly well - I think they hold their shape better now but that might just be my imagination. Once the Sailcare folks got the sails they sent me a quote that detailed out the repairs that they recommended, which were in line with what I had expected. The sails are over 10 years old and had gotten dingy and rust stained....today they look like brand new.

I have no connection to Sailcare other than being a satisfied customer, but all in all I think I got good value out of their service. Five years from now I'll look for someone to build me a new set of sails, but in the meantime I'm enjoying flying some crisp white canvas for a change!
1981 Endeavour 32

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Be joyful though you have considered all the facts.
- Wendell Berry
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook