SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailcare running up the tab?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: Sailcare running up the tab?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bljones View Post
I understand exactly where Sailcare is coming from with the add-ons.
Clean a sail and send it back with peeling numbers- customer is now unhappy.
Clean a sail and send it back with the same failing stitching as it had when it came in- customer is unhappy.

Mention to the customer AFTER he receives his sail and he calls in to express his dissatisfaction that you could have fixed the numbers and the stitching, and the customer says, "why didn't you tell me you could do that/ the sail needed that/ that could happen? I would have paid for it!"

From a customer service standpoint the vendor is in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't," situation. But at least if you tell the customer what his sail needs to come back to him in the best possible condition, prior to starting work, then the customer has the choice of opting for the $100 and understanding the possible outcomes, or opting for the work recommended.
Yes, that is exactly the situation, and I fully understand his desire to take the most conservative approach to ensure that I come away fully satisfied. The pain of an additional $88 would go away much faster than the dissatisfaction of losing a logo or a number.

He's explained that to me very clearly, and it's up to me to decide whether to take the risk and save $88. My numbers and logo are at least 95% adhered - just a little loss around the edges. If everything stays on and doesn't get torn, I can easily reglue them. The risk is if something comes off completely and gets lost or ripped.

So at this point, the most valuable advice I could get would be from someone who got the Sailcare treatment and opted against having the stitching done. How well did your numbers make it through their process?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook