SailNet Community - View Single Post - sailing to marsh island on spirit 23
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012

Southron Spirit is on a distinguished road
Re: sailing to marsh island on spirit 23

the trip went well big learning curve that day , i tried to reef my main for the first time , when i went to shake it out i could not get the main to go all the way up thats why it looks like the sail is not in the track at the bottom .
turned out the halyard was hung up on the jib block .
i didnt like the look of the main sail connection to the halyard so i put a saftey line on it when i pulled the main down i found out that the connection had come loose so my saftey line had saved it .
normally when i pull down the jib i just hold it down with a bungee cord to the bow puplit until i get back to the dock .
when i got back in the area of cypremort point i was 3 miles down wind from the club and it was getting late so i started motoring into the wind ,well after i while the wind started pulling the jib out from under the bungee cord , i tried tying down the tiller and running up there to fix it just about the time i got up there the boat would start doing circles there was about a 2 ft chop by this time i need to come up with a better way of securing the jib after its pulled down . im thinking of some kind of a bag maybe .