SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boo TowBoatUS! They don't connect their own DSC
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Boo TowBoatUS! They don't connect their own DSC

Yes I agree. I like the chartplotter which is inegrated with all my Raymarine insturments...autopilot, AIS, radar, deptfinder, and wind as well as engine instrruemtation.

I can Set my screen split with just two active components, which I usually do with radar side by side with cartigraphy and ais or superimpose. You can actually divide the cscreen into 4. I use my IPAD to move around the boat and pllot course and can lay it into the chartplotter. Everything on the plotter shows up on the IPAD. It also shows up on my droid phone, but my old eyes along with the bouncing motion of the boat make it a kittke more difficult to read.

I am not as computer savy as Rick so my high tech is going to be different and have to be set up for me. I also dont hink for the type of sailing I do,,,offshore sometimes and night...that a netbook topsides as my primary ( after charts) will work. I love the new AIS integration. HOoever it can be a bit ,uch sometimes

On our last trip to the LI Sound and NE we were heading up the Jersey coast at night. During the day we stayed 3-4 miles off the shore and could see everything visually well so no need to radar, AIS. As we approached Sandy Hook at dusk I turned on the radar and AIS and had a 5 mile ring set up and it looked like an acrade game. TMI One I split screen it was better. The fast ferrys from Atlantic Hihghlands to Manahattan looked like comets accross the screen.

dave

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook