SailNet Community - View Single Post - Voltage tester idea
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Re: Voltage tester idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
OTOH, having seen the way my "good" meters of various ages disagreed (by .2 volts) and the way a HF special couldn't meet it's own specs, I put zero faith (actually, 0.000000000 faith) in meters that have no specs at all, like those specials at dx. Which is why I finally decided to get out the soldering gun and put a 10.00 volt precision reference source in a mini Altoids tin, so there's no guessing, and I *know* when my meters are fibbing. The reference source is good beyond 4 digits, so when I hook it to a meter the meter had damn well say 10.00 or it gets re-educated, as the Chinese would say.
I'll be interested to see how the meters HOLD calibration, now that I've got a way to check on them.
My Fluke meters are all calibrated, my cheapies not so much, but I'd love to grab one of these chips. Got a link?????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook