SailNet Community - View Single Post - Storage Under the Companionway.....
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012

Location: Utah (House & Macgregor 26 Classic) -- Florida (Endeavour 37)
Sumner10 is on a distinguished road
Re: Storage Under the Companionway.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf38 View Post
Fantastic idea. I've been eyeing the same thing although my space is drastically smaller. I'd be building a better box for the battery under the lower step and a small drawer under the top step. If I did this that would be the only drawer in the boat..

Any concern with corrosion on those drawer slides? Is that stainless hardware? There is going to be water coming in that area from feet, rain etc.
I'd like to do something somewhat similar for the ....

...companionway for our 26' Mac behind where the table is located in the picture above.

On the corrosion deal I guess we will have to see how that works. While we were on the boat in Florida we had quite a bit of rain last spring/summer with Debby and other storms and the drawers stayed dry. I set them back and have lips on them that seal pretty good under the steps and we will have our dodge up most of the time.

One other thing is that we won't be using this boat to cross oceans and it will be in the water probably 4 months max out of the year and in the yard on stands the rest of the time. The glides are cheap and could be replace in probably 30 minutes for all of them.

As time goes on I'll try and update our site as to any problems that might of arose and possible fixes. If we were full-time cruisers I probably would of made wood glides like I've done for some projects at home and would put in stops like was suggested on the other post,

Sum

=================================

Our 37 Endeavour --- Our 26 MacGregor --- Trips With Both

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook