SailNet Community - View Single Post - rammed:by the customs & border patrol
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012
KNOT KNOWN

Capt.aaron is on a distinguished road
Re: rammed:by the customs & border patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2belize&back View Post
well,you can "belize" it or not.it's a free country.i sailed for adventure,and i found it.for solitude & found,for nature and to get better at sailing.check.to chuckles:ie. "complaining"? i said in post, "i did not mind it at all". to bljo; ie "boarded 11 times"? i said "11 encounters" in fact,i was boarded 3 times.twice by the b&c and once by the cg.the cg was a welfare check and to make sure i had a noise making device,pfd & throw cushion.ie. to "atracting attention". i think that one is not used to seeing a 22' cruiser.also having a swing keel & kick up rudder,allows one to go into areas that a fixed keel cruiser can not. to cruisedad; i can't disagree on the "crazy" coment.i left tampa on a whim.i was getting tired of the icw, and had not got the big adventure yet.hence,belize."i think i can make it,let's go for it!'...oh,and so you don't extrapolate anymore out of my quotes, the "let's" means me, myself, and i, and the boat. untill the next thread...i've got a 2 maybe 3 more. ...2 b ...
I Belize ya dude, I sailed a 28 foot centerboard sloop non-stop from Key Largo to Mexico and on down to Belize in 1990 when I was barley 20 years old. The Belize defense force boarded me, had a laugh and left, later they helped me un step and step my mast, and the U.S Coasties boarded me in the Harbour leaving Belize out by English Cay. Northern seasonal weekend sailors don't get it. Keep the stories coming man, I like 'em.

Last edited by Capt.aaron; 11-16-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook