SailNet Community - View Single Post - Garbage Island
Thread: Garbage Island
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012
Swab

vega1860 is on a distinguished road
Re: Garbage Island=what we saw, when and where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey1999 View Post
Thanks for the video. So what happened once you hit the zone of Tsunami trash?
Regards
Bigger chunks and more of it. We talked to other cruisers in Alaska who said they saw some of the things you have heard of - swamped boats, floating dock sections etc. We did not see anything like that.

Our YT channel consists mainly of the daily video logs from our trips so we will upload a day by day record of what we saw and did as we always do. Not trying to pimp my channel but I think this particular video is appropriate to the discussion and I think that is important.

There will be more videos featuring a lot of junk in the water but I won't post them here. People who want to see them know where to find them without me cluttering up sailnet with videos of us sailing through floating trash day after day. I think I have made my point.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook