SailNet Community - View Single Post - The Complete Overboard Bag - Rate It
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road
Re: The Complete Overboard Bag - Rate It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.aaron View Post
Would I want that bag if I was ditch'n?.. yes. Will I ever put something like that together? doubtful. I gave it a five because my lifeboat training and stcw endorsement say's I have to, but my actual ditch bag is Often a trash bag full of bottled water and some granola bars.
Some wisdom I heard this weekend, spoken by an old orthopedic surgeon/sailing companion of mine, while sitting on the cold wet rail of a boat at 40deg of heel.

"an imperfect plan executed early, is infinitely better than a perfect plan executed too late."

My boat currently has no ditch bag at all, but on paper, I have drawn up a couple "perfect" ditch bags. If my boat sinks tomorrow, I will really have wished that I had the "bag of bottled water and granola bars" at the ready while I was still getting around to building the "perfect bag".

MedSailor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook