SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
New RM 1360

The same hull but a different cabin and interior. The last model was from 2009.

Specifications RM 1360
LOA (hull length) 13.60 m
LWL (waterline length) 12.82 m
Width 4.50 m
Weight 9.4 t
Draft Fin keel 2.45 m
Draft twin keel 1.95 m
Ballast Fin keel 2.95 t / 32%
Ballast twin keel 2 x 1.55 tons / 33%
Sail area 112 m2
Engine / Drive 75 HP / saildrive

The boat looks nicer than the previous one and I am sure that, like the previous one is a great and fast voyage boat, but that is not the point. I guess these guys and I mean boat manufacturers are heading to a suicidal path:

I mean, a substitution of a model each 3 years on a company that is not even a mass production builder? or at least a big remake?

This will make the previous model to lose a lot of value in the used market and has this is what all the major brands are doing it leads to a lot of boats with less than 5 years at incredible prices on the used market and the number of buyers that are buying them instead of a new boat is increasingly bigger as it is lesser the number of the ones that are buying new boats.

It is hard to justify to buy a new boat when in average 1.5 tears later the boat is not new anymore and you have a new model on the narket

I understand why they are doing this: It has to due with the exposure a new boat gets with boat tests, magazine covers and all and in fact most boats of a new model are selling now on the first years and then they drop because some other brand has a hot new model.

But this is ridiculous, it is at long term bad to the new boat market and brings the price of the boats up.

The older version, the 1350:

Last edited by PCP; 11-17-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook