SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
If you go to the beginning of this thread you would find many that thought that the Captain attitude was acceptable because a ship is safer at sea than in a port or because the captain was an experienced sailor that had sailed in worst weather...
There was never anything of the sort posted on this thread. Maybe YOU should go back and reread. When you find something, post it here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
...or that an investigation was needed to see if the Captain was to blame or not...
Are you saying that no investigation is needed? That the USCG will be wasting their time? Why don't you call them and suggest that - I'm sure they'll be open to your opinions.

As we have told you, over and over, those of us who are interested in the investigation are not suggesting that the captain is not to blame. I believe that competent captains don't just suddenly lose their judgement. There are external factors that lead to their incorrect judgements, and we can learn from what the investigation reveals about those external factors. USCG will want to know whether their enforcement procedures could have helped prevent it. We all will benefit from an investigation.

It really is getting tiring to hear you constantly misquote us and attempt to mislead others about what we are saying. You often have useful things to contribute to this forum, but on this message thread you have passed the point of diminishing returns.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook