Thread: Abacos or BVI
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012
Freedom 39

FarCry is on a distinguished road
Re: Abacos or BVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockDAWG View Post
Thanks for the reply. It is a good start. I will looking in your suggested link. After I posted question, I looked up the housing cost (house, apt or share a room) on Craigslist. I got some ideas but varies depending the the location and the view.

It is still many years away, but just thinking ahead with the possibility of moving to VI. I know I can't stay on a boat year around. I need a land base home. Both my wife and I can get a part time job in teaching in the University Nursing School, Marine Biology or work in Hospital or clinics. I am sure by the time we are ready, the plan will be totally different. We may totally stay away from our career and chart a new course.

Have anyone shipped their car from FL to VI, just wonder if it is worth of trouble. i noticed that cars are worth more in VI than in mainland.
We shipped our vehicle from Colorado to St Thomas when we moved. It's up to you to decide if it's worth the trouble. Other than the $1k-$2k shipping fees you will be nailed by a variety of taxes and fees that must be paid before you can take possession. If you are really interested you may read more here Shipping and Registering a Car in the Virgin Islands - USVI Relocation Guide
Not sure cars are worth more here or just cost more to buy.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook