SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.aaron View Post
Problem is, pro's cost money. I make $3*** dollars a day and it just goes up from here....A day. The opperating cost's would go through the roof if you put 9 proprely credential seaman on board. A captain, first mate, second mate, third mate, 3 ab's and and engineer as minimum. They can pay us like that in the dangerous liquid cargo transportation industry because we charge a lot to transfer the product, You'd have to charge $500 a ticket for sunset sail to afford a professional crew on the tall ships / schooners. Maybe that's why they have incidents like this.
I already understood the economic impact it would have on the Tall Ships. However, I also think it will be the best way to prevent another Bounty incident. Perhaps the full compliment will only be required for passages, as opposed to tourist tours around the Bay.

Ultimately, it may mean that most Tall Ships just don't make these passages, which is fine by me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook