SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
New boat: Polar 55

Remember this classic beauty:

I said that the builders offer a 7 years warranty on that boat and that is unheard off in what regards sailing boats. Well, the market of small boats is dyng out and what is selling are bigger boats so this guys with an injection of German capital are making a bigger boat, a 55ft

The boat is very modern and I would say more than that, beautiful even if the interior does not make my style. The boat has an high tech construction, is very light (10 000 kg) it had an huge B/D ratio (41%) specially if we consider that it is not a especially narrow boat (4.22m) and that the ballast is on a torpedo at the end of a 2.45m keel.

How boy, this is a stiff,very powerful, fast boat and one that can go to almost any place since that keel can go up and give a draft of only 1,55m. It should be a very seaworthy boat, at least it has an huge stability.

Regarding the interior what I don't like is the style. I have to admit that the interior distribution and the way the keel box was hidden is very well made. Anyway, style is a question of taste and the design has quality. If the boat is as well made as the little one I would not be to worried about that, Jesus, I like this boat and I hope it will be as good as it will look. I hope to see it in Dusseldorf.

The interiors look better here anyway but that open table should look better:

http://www.polar-shipyard.com/pdf/PO...x210_FINAL.pdf

Last edited by PCP; 11-18-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook