SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012

hannah2 is on a distinguished road
Re: Interesting Sailboats

PCP,

She is very beautiful and I'm sure a pleasure to sail across oceans, even for couple. No question you can get 200 plus miles a day out of her. Can you or anyone tell us why so many modern cruising boats today do no use dorades for ventilation?
Is it a question of form over function? Ventilating a boat be it in the high lats, tropical, even at the dock while the boat is locked up is so important. I noticed also that there are no drip ledges around the salon cabin windows. I don't know a boat that the windows and hatches do not sweat no matter how well the boat is insulated. To me that means lots of dripping all over the seats and nav station. Not putting such an incredible design down but I noticed that the hand holds below and in the companionway appear to be nil. Coming down a companionway I like the feeling in ruff seas of not only having good hand holds but interior walls close so that your upper body can brace against them when moving up or down the latter. Also that table has got to go.

But a great example of where the upper end of cruising boats are going, especially in Europe.

Cheers.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook