SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartley18 View Post
Is that what the boat license said, Paulo?? What source?

I'd be very surprised if it did.. such decisions are usually the responsibility of the Captain. It's his job to know the capabilities of his ship and if something goes wrong (like this) he's the one who has to explain (just like the captain of Costa Concordia had to).
Sorry Hartley You have understood me wrongly I have said : "if the boat licence specified " not that it said that. I guess that it is an unlimited license.

What I have said it is what I think a licence of an old wooden replica of a XVIII century boat should say. I hope something similar comes out of this. I expressed the idea on this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
I think that it will end the possibility of these ships to be classified as unispected passenger vessels (like the Bounty) and that all ships will have a mandatory proper inspection and not one only over safety items aboard.

As I have said, and agreeing with what you say, many of those ships, but not all, are fair or moderate weather ships and not able anymore to sustain with safety heavy weather.

I hope that as a result of those inspection these ships to be reclassified regarding the sea conditions they are authorized to sail. This seems to me the ruling that can prevent better more accidents and that will allow the Tall ships that have conditions to sail unlimited to carry on with their activity.
Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 11-18-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook