SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012
Once known as Hartley18

Classic30 will become famous soon enough Classic30 will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
What I have said it is what I think a licence of an old wooden replica of a XVIII century boat should say. I hope something similar comes out of this. I expressed the idea on this post:
Ok. Perhaps martime law is different in the US (but I don't think so).. The idea you suggest be implemented is called "Survey" over here and any vessel capable of carrying paying passengers must be "In Survey" to legally do so - for insurance reasons.

"Survey" means that the vessel must meet a whole host of detailed safety criteria, have regular evac drills, safety inspections, etc. etc. It is a very expensive process, but has been a part of commercial shipping for as long as I can remember.

There should be no need to change anything: HMS Bounty is not someone's private yacht.. and given she could carry paying passengers, I'd be surprised to hear it if the mandatory inspections, etc. you mention were not already being carried out.

Last edited by Classic30; 11-18-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook